The iPad 3 was announced on March 7, 2012. It shares a similar exterior with the iPad 2, but is slightly thicker and heavier.
There are three variants:
The iPad 3 makes use of the Apple A5X.
Baseband (LTE versions)
All LTE iPads make use of the Qualcomm MDM9600.
The iPad 3 uses the BCM4330 for Bluetooth and Wi-Fi communication.
- Display: 9.7" 2048x1536 LED-backlit IPS display at 264 ppi (Retina Display)
- Size: 9.5 inches (241.2 mm) (height) x 7.31 inches (185.7 mm) (width) x 0.37 inch (9.4 mm) (depth)
- Color: Black or White
- Battery: Up to 10 hours of Internet use
- Weight: 1.44 pounds (652 g) iPad3,1 model; 1.46 pounds (662 g) 4G models
- 2G: GSM/EDGE (850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz); (iPad3,2 model) CDMA 1xRTT (800, 1900 MHz)
- 3G: UMTS/HSPA/HSPA+/DC-HSDPA (850, 900, 1900, 2100 MHz); (iPad3,2 model) CDMA EV-DO Rev. A (800, 1900 MHz)
- LTE: 700, (iPad3,3 model) 2100 MHz
- Bluetooth: 4.0
- Wi-Fi: Dual-band 802.11a/b/g/n
- RAM: 1 GB
- Voice Assistant: Siri (Requires iOS 6 or newer)
- Rear camera: 5 MP photos and 1080p videos @ 30 FPS (iSight Camera)
- Front camera: VGA photos and videos @ 30 FPS, FaceTime supported
- SIM Card: Micro-SIM (iPad3,2 and iPad3,3 models)
- Connector: 30-pin