This is the iPhone 3GS. It was released on June 19, 2009 with a price tag of $199 for the 16GB model and $299 for the 32GB model, in the U.S., Canada and major European countries. Prices vary depending on the mobile operator. It features the same exterior design as the iPhone 3G, but has new internal features such as video recording, voice control, digital compass, faster CPU, increased RAM, Nike+ support, etc.
The iPhone 3GS uses the Infineon Hammerhead II PMB2525, like the iPhone 3G.
The iPhone 3GS uses the X-Gold 608 baseband chip, same as in the iPhone 3G.
It makes use of the S5L8920 application processor.
- 0x24000 Segment Overflow - An exploit that allows loading an unsigned LLB on devices that have Bootrom 359.3 burnt.
- Limera1n Exploit- An exploit that allows executing unsigned code over USB
- iBoot Environment Variable Overflow- An exploit that allows executing unsigned code over USB; fixed in iOS 3.1 beta 3.
- Usb control msg(0x21, 2) Exploit- An exploit that allows executing unsigned code over USB; fixed in iOS 3.1.3.
- Limera1n Exploit- The iBoot incarnation of the bootrom exploit; fixed in iOS 4.0?
- SHAtter- The iBoot incarnation of the bootrom exploit; fixed in ?
Bluetooth & Wi-Fi Chip
The 3GS uses the Broadcom BCM4325 single-chip Bluetooth/FM/WLAN device.
The 3GS comes with a digital compass. By rumors this is the Asahi Kasei – AK8973 Chip.
- Color: Black or white
- Size: 4.5 inches (115.5 mm) (h) × 2.4 inches (62.1 mm) (w) × 0.48 inch (12.3 mm) (d)
- Weight: 135 g (4.8 oz)
- Battery: Up to 12 hours of 2G talk, 5 hours of 3G talk, 5 (3G) or 9 (Wi-Fi) hours of Internet use, 10 hours of video playback, and up to 30 hours of audio playback, lasting over 300 hours on standby.
- 3G: Broadband data speeds, supporting 7.2Mbps HSDPA
- Camera: 3.15MP with Autofocus and manual focus (Tap to focus), supporting VGA video recording @ 30FPS
More specifications available in GSMArena.